Advocacy includes writing essays arguing for laws, technologies, and architectures that we think are crucial to preserving human dignity, human rights, and privacy on the internet. Here are some of our most important advocacy articles.
Identity Advocacy Articles
- Echoes from History: Designing Self-Sovereign Identity With Care — How open identity designs in WWII led to genocide.
- Echoes from History II: The Dangers of eIDAS — How the EU’s new identity laws could repeat the tragedy of the past.
Legal Advocacy Articles
- Private Key Disclosure: A Needless Threat to Rights & Assets — How the disclosure of private keys can be disastrous. (Protections successfully built into HB0086 in Wyoming.)
Open Source Advocacy Articles
- Open Development: The Necessary next Step for Open Source — A needed expansion of open source.
Self-Sovereignty Advocacy Articles
- The Origins of Self-Sovereign Identity — Founding principles of self-sovereign identity, some of which are now being neglected.
- The Path to Self-Sovereign Identity — The original overview and principles for self-sovereign identity.
- Principal Authority: A New Perspective on Self-Sovereign Identity — Creating a legal framework for self-sovereign digital identity.
- Self-Sovereign Computing — Expanding the paradigm of self-sovereignty so that you can be your own captain in the digital world.